Consuming carrots are known to be good for the overall health and specially for organs such as the skin, eyes, digestive system and teeth. Carrot is used in several juice therapies, remedies for diseases.Given below are some benefits of this vegetable:
It’s all in the crunchy feeling of carrots. It cleans your teeth and mouth. They scrape off plague and food particles just like tooth brushes or tooth pastes, carrots stimulate gums and trigger a lot of saliva, which brings alkaline and balances out the acid-forming and cavity-forming bacteria. The mineral in carrots prevents tooth damage.
Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converts into Vitamin A in the liver. Vitamin A is transferred in the retina to rhodopsin, a purple pigment necessary for night vision. Beta-carotene has also been shown to protect against macular degeneration and senile cataracts. A study found that people who eat the most beta-carotene had to prevent lower risk of macular degeneration than those who consumed little.
From all of the above benefits, it’s no surprise that in a Harvard University that Studied people who ate more than six carrots a week are less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or less.
Prevents heart disease
Studies show that diets high in carrotnoids are associated with a lower risk of heart diseases. Carrots have not only beta-carotene but also alpha-carotene and lutein.
Here are Top 10 Benefits of Carrots
- Carrots are rich in Beta carotene which is a powerful antioxidant which helps in manning a healthy skin and also keep one away from many diseases.
- Carrots are rich in alkaline elements which purify and revitalize the blood. They balance the acid alkaline ratio in the body.
- Carrots have potassium in it which helps to balance the high levels of sodium associated with hypertension and keeps blood pressure under control.
- The High soluble fiber content in carrot reduces cholesterol by binding LDL, the bad cholesterol, and also increases the HCL which helps in reducing blood clots and heart diseases.
- Carrots are great for dental health as they will be harmful to germs in the mouth and prevent tooth decay
- Carrots aid digestion by increasing saliva and supplying the minerals vitamins and enzymes required for it. Regular consumption of carrots helps in preventing gastric ulcers and digestive disorders.
- Raw carrots are used as a home remedy for treating worms in children. Raw grated carrots can be used for wounds, cuts and inflammation.
- Carrots are rich in carotenoids which are beneficial to blood sugar regulation.
- Carrots contain a phytonutrient called falacannol which helps in promoting colon health and reducing the risk of cancers. Consuming carrots regularly are known to improve the quality of breast milk in mothers. It also helps in increasing menstrual flow.
- Consuming carrots regularly can improve the appearance of skin, hair, nails etc and also improve eyes health (world carrot museum 2010).
Hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions or contributions, feel free to comment below.